TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF SERVICES AT EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA BRUSSELS OVER CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) FROM FRIDAY 13TH TO 26TH MARCH 2020 16/03/2020
1. The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Hubei Province, China, to be a Public Health Emergency of international concern in January 2020. COVID-19 has now spread to various countries.
2. The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya would like to inform as follows;
- The Government of Kenya is closely monitoring the number of confirmed cases of the Coronavirus and has set up a Crisis Management Committee to advice on the impact of this situation to Kenyans at home and abroad.
- We urge Kenyans living in and traveling to the Belgium and Luxemburg to remain vigilant and adhere to the prescribed precaution and prevention guidelines provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Authorities in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- The reference website in Belgium remains that of FPS health, www.info-coronavirus.be.
- The health, welfare and safety of Kenyans living in the Belgium and Luxembourg remain a top priority for the Embassy and the Government of the Republic of Kenya.
3. The Embassy is closely monitoring the situation and will continue to work with the relevant authorities in Kenya, Kingdom of Belgium and Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to provide appropriate guidance and assistance to Kenyans.
4. As a precautionary measure to address the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the walk-in services of the Consular section at the Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Brussels will remain closed from Friday 13th March 2020 to 26th March 2020.
5. In addition, and until further notice, foreigners from countries which have reported COVID 19 and travelling to Kenya will not be allowed to enter the country. However, Kenyan citizens and any foreigner with valid residence permits will be allowed to come in to the country provided they abide with set down requirements.
6. For more information or clarification as well as emergencies, please contact:
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya, Brussels.
Tel: +32485792417 or +32484282649