Re-advertisement for post of Accounts Clerk at the Embassy 06/09/2017
The Kenya Embassy in Brussels is a diplomatic mission which is accredited to the Kingdom of Belgium; The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and The European Union (EU).
Its mandate is to promote and enhance bilateral relations between Kenya, the Kingdom of Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and to strengthen relations with the European Union (EU), the World Customs Organization (WCO), the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States, and other international organizations.
It also aims at expanding, consolidating and strengthening the relations in various fields such as finance, trade & development, tourism and education, among others.
The Accounts Clerk will ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting information and to ensure compliance of the financial management standards by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
FUNCTIONS/ RESULTS EXPECTED
Summary of key functions
- Initiate preparation and analysis of financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Support continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances and make recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Assist with quarterly returns; analyzing and correcting discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Assisting with financial audits
- Liaising with service providers and checking /processing expense claims.
- Assist in preparation of financial returns of the Mission.
- Processing invoices and purchasing
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Accuracy and attention to detail and organized in work
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the seniors.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and standards
- Strong communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Post high school qualification in a related field from a recognized institution
- Professional qualification in accounting
- Certification in computer accounting packages
- At least three (3) years of progressive accounting/financial practices
- Familiarity with Government of Kenya financial procedures will be an added advantage
- Good oral and written Knowledge of English
- Working knowledge of French or Dutch will be an added advantage
- EU/or Belgian Residence or valid work permit
- Recommendation letter or certificate of good conduct from a recognized civil security agency
- Prove of residence in a local commune
- Three referees
CONDITION OF SERVICE FOR THE ACCOUNTS CLERK
The engagement will be a one (1) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
A competitive package will be offered to the successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY
The Embassy of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send the application letter and full resume, indicating their names, address and daytime telephone numbers, to the address below:
Embassy of Republic of Kenya
Avenue Winston Churchill 208, 1180 Brussels
Closing date for this advertisement is 29th September, 2017
For any enquiries please contact the Embassy through: firstname.lastname@example.org