Vacancy for Accounts Assistant at the Embassy 23/10/2015
The application has been closed!
The Kenyan Embassy has a vacancy for an Accounts Assistant, whose supervisor will be the Financial Officer.
The Kenyan Embassy in Brussels is a diplomatic mission which is accredited to the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the European Union (EU). Its mandate is to promote and enhance bilateral relations between Kenya, the Kingdom of Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and to strengthen relations with the European Union (EU), the World Customs Organization (WCO), the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States, and other international organizations.
It also aims at expanding, consolidating and strengthening the relations in various fields such as finance, trade and development, tourism and education, among others.
The Accounts Assistant will ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting information, and ensure compliance of the financial management standards by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
FUNCTIONS/ RESULTS EXPECTED
Summary of key functions
- Assist in preparation of financial statements, and produce budget according to schedule;
- Assist in continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities;
- Support month-end and year-end close process;
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances, and make recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures;
- Assist with quarterly returns, analyzing and correcting discrepancies;
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and integrity of financial data;
- Assist with financial audits;
- Liaise with service providers, and check/process expense claims;
- Assist in preparation of financial returns of the Mission;
- Process invoices and purchasing;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles;
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications;
- Experience with creating financial statements;
- Accuracy and attention to detail and organized in work;
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills;
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the seniors;
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations for Belgium and Government of Kenya;
- Strong communication skills;
- Stress tolerance;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K) ) or ACCA, or its equivalent;
- Certification in Sage and Excel packages.
- At least 5 years of progressive accounting/financial practices in a reputable organization;
- Knowledge of operations of the Belgian Government and European Union;
- Familiarity with Government of Kenya financial procedures will be an added advantage.
- Good oral and written knowledge of English;
- Working knowledge of French or Dutch an asset.
- EU or Belgian residence or work permit;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Three referees.
CONDITION OF SERVICE FOR THE ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The engagement will be a one (1) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send the application letter and full resumé, indicating their names, address and daytime telephone numbers, to the address below:
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
Avenue Winston Churchill 208, 1180 Brussels
Closing date for this advertisement is 27 November 2015.