Licence to import a dog/cat into Kenya
With effect from 27/05/15, the Embassy no longer accepts cash payments for dog/cat import licence applications. Fees must be paid by Bancontact. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Click here to download more information.
- The licence may be collected the same afternoon (2.30-3.30 pm) if the application is submitted before 11 am, otherwise it will be ready the following day from 9.30 am.
- Check the "About the Embassy" section of the website for information on opening hours (Visa/Consular section) and for a list of days when the Embassy is closed.
All applications for licences to film in Kenya are processed by the Ministry of Information and Communications. Requests for filming licences should be addressed to:
The Film Licensing Officer
Department of Film Services
Or contact the Kenya Film Commission.
More information can be found in the "Filming Production in Kenya" brochure:
All film-makers/ photographers staying for more than three months MUST register their presence at the Alien Section of the nearest Ministry of Immigration office.
Please note that all non-Kenyans must be in possession of an work/entry permit or exemption, issued by the Office of the Director of Immigration, before they can take up employment in Kenya, whether paid or unpaid.
Applications for issue of work/entry permits are not processed at this Mission. They should be addressed to:
- Click here to download application form & additional information on work/entry permits
- Also check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
All voluntary workers, students, employees, business-people and residents staying for more than three months MUST register their presence at the Alien Section of the nearest Ministry of Immigration office.
Research Permits for non-Kenyans conducting research in Kenya
It is mandatory for all non-Kenyans who wish to do any kind of research in Kenya to obtain a permit. More information can be obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education, Science & Technology.
- Click here to download application form B for a research permit
All researchers staying for more than three months MUST register their presence at the Alien Section of the nearest Ministry of Immigration office.
Passes are compulsory for the following categories of visitors and foreign residents:
- Special purpose (e.g. installation of machinery/equipment or short-term training)
- Foreign students
- Holders of entry permits and their dependants
Click here to download more information.