Who needs a visa for Kenya?
- Do not forget to check (incl. Embassy's closing days)
A visa is required for entry by all visitors travelling to Kenya, including EU citizens.
The following exceptions apply:
Exemption from visa:
- Holders of a re-entry pass to Kenya, holders of an EU laissez-passer (travelling on official business), aircraft passengers not leaving the international transit zone of the Nairobi and Mombasa airports, and certain other categories of persons. Click here for the list.
- Citizens of countries whose nationals do not require visas. Click here for the list.
Click here for a list of persons who are issued with gratis visas.
Click here for a list of nationals, including people with stateless/refugee status, who must apply for a "referred" visa (i.e. obtain approval from the Kenyan Immigration authorities).
Application form & useful information
- Click here to download the "visa application form" (formulaire de demande / aanvraagformulier). Kindly print the form on a single sheet of paper (both sides) and staple the photograph to it.
- To download the "list of required documents" (liste de documents requis / lijst van benodigde documenten), click on:
- Click here to download "information on types of visas and fees" (Types & frais de visa / Soorten visums & visumkosten).
- Please note that the new visa regulations for South African nationals will take effect from 1 September 2014. Until then, they don't need a visa if their stay is maximum 30 days.