Due to the security alert in Belgium, visa/consular services are by appointment only.
Passport applications must be done in person at the Embassy. However, parents may apply on behalf of their children aged below 16.
Kenyan citizens wishing to apply for a passport, travel document or emergency certificate can do so at the nearest Kenyan Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. From 1 January 2007, new passports are issued with a validity of 10 years, the renewal fee being included in the initial payment. Kenyans in the diaspora who travel frequently are advised to apply for 48-page or 64-page passports.
In the framework of the fight against child trafficking, the International Civil Aviation Authority Organization (ICAO) recommends that all travellers carry their own passport. As a result, the Kenyan authorities no longer endorse minor children in their parents' passports, but require that children be issued with their own passport.
Passport application for children born in Belgium/Luxembourg
If you are applying for a passport for a child born in Belgium/Luxembourg, please note that all documents issued by the Belgian/Luxembourg authorities (e.g. the birth certificate) must be legalized first. Check the "Other Consular Services" section of the website for more information on legalization.
Certificate of Identity (CIN)
In case a CIN is required, contact the embassy for more information.
Payment of passport fees is by Bancontact only. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Click here for list of requirements to apply for a passport.
- Click here for list of requirements to apply for a CIN.
- Click here for photograph guidelines.
- Click here for the procedure to change a name.
- Form 19: to be completed for the issue of new passports, or replacement of expired passports after 5/10 years from the date of issue. (Kindly print on both sides of the sheet(s) of paper.)
- Parental Consent form
- Application for lost/mutilated passport form
- Form PP5: to be completed by all persons who apply for the endorsement/amendment of their passports