EN | FR | NL




Passport applications must be done in person at the Embassy. However, parents may apply on behalf of their children aged below 16.

Kenyan passports

Kenyan citizens wishing to apply for a passport, travel document or emergency certificate can do so at the nearest Kenyan Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. From 1 January 2007, new passports are issued with a validity of 10 years, the renewal fee being included in the initial payment. Kenyans in the diaspora who travel frequently are advised to apply for 48-page or 64-page passports.

In the framework of the fight against child trafficking, the International Civil Aviation Authority Organization (ICAO) recommends that all travellers carry their own passport. As a result, the Kenyan authorities no longer endorse minor children in their parents' passports, but require that children be issued with their own passport.

Passport application for children born in Belgium/Luxembourg

If you are applying for a passport for a child born in Belgium/Luxembourg, please note that all documents issued by the Belgian/Luxembourg authorities (e.g. the birth certificate) must be legalized first. Check the "Other Consular Services" section of the website for more information on legalization.

Certificate of Identity (CIN)

In case a CIN is required, contact the embassy for more information.

Emergency Certificate

Issuance of an emergency travel document: see "Assistance to Kenyans in distress" for more information.

Back to top



Applications for consular services are by appointment only, by calling or emailing the Visa/Consular Section.

Check the "About the Embassy" section of the website for information on opening hours (Visa/Consular section) and for a list of days when the Embassy is closed.


Payment modalities

Payment of passport fees is by Bancontact only.  Credit cards are not accepted.

If you wish to pay for passport application by bank transfer, the relevant fee is to be transferred into the Embassy's bank account, BE07 3100 5224 2266 (BIC: BBRUBEBB), mentioning "passport fee" and your name. Proof of payment is to be presented at the time of application.
Note that the Embassy expects applicants to present the required documents for passport applications in person. For Kenyans residing in Luxembourg, an exception may be made after prior consultation by phone.


Required documents

  • Click here for list of requirements to apply for a passport.
  • Click here for list of requirements to apply for a CIN.
  • Click here for photograph guidelines.
  • Click here for the procedure to change a name.


Application Forms

  • Form 19: to be completed for the issue of new passports, or replacement of expired passports after 5/10 years from the date of issue.  (Kindly print on both sides of the sheet(s) of paper.)
  • Parental Consent form
  • Application for lost/mutilated passport form
  • Form PP5: to be completed by all persons who apply for the endorsement/amendment of their passports



  • Passport

32 pages (A)
48 pages (B)
64 pages (C)
Diplomatic passport
Replacement of lost/stolen passport
Replacement of mutilated passport

  • Fee

€ 45
€ 55
€ 70
€ 70
€ 110
€ 90


  • Other

Certificate of Identity (CIN)
Endorsement/amendment of existing valid passport

  • Fee

€ 30
€ 15

Back to top

Do not forget to check: